I received this pic in my mailbox and instantly got inspired.
Here is my take on the word OWL.
What does the idiom “as wise as an owl” mean?
- It means someone who is really smart. In lots of stories and myths, owls were associated with wisdom.
- Some synonyms are: wise; worldy- wise; experienced or intelligent.
- Owls have a reputation for being wise because their large eyes and stern, professional glare make them look educated. Often, their eyes are “framed” as if they’re wearing eyeglasses, which many associate with studious work. And their large, feathery heads seem to have plenty of room for big brains.
Some famous quotes referring to wise owls:
- “Can grave and formal pass for wise when men the solemn Owl despise?” => Benjamin Franklin.
- “A wise old owl sat on an oak; the more he saw, the less he spoke; the less…
View original post 281 more words